Saturday, July 16, 2011

Safe in Hanoi

As you can tell, I have been out of touch without having my laptop to work with. I realized I can use Bob's ipad but I still can't add pictures.
We have had a great time in Vietnam. We arrived in Hanoi this morning which is our fifth city on our tour. We will arrive back to Canada on Tuesday night. I am ready for a big bowl of popcorn and a long drawn out western movie. Well, not western like John Wayne but an English movie. I told my friend Candace in an email that one of the things I like about her is that she speaks English. I'm ready for some dialogue. When I order purple I don't want brown and when I order two I don't expect just one.It's the price you pay in this land that glitters but is not gold. There are so many changes that it's hard to fathom. Yet some things remain the same. Like good iced coffee and horns that honk and beautiful women in traditional costume, cheap manicures and killer massages. I opted to stay in this evening after dinner. My peeps are out at the night market looking at tacky merchandise and having a blast.

I'll be back on facebook once I land in the English speaking world that allows Facebook. Looking forward to catching up with y'all.....
Linda

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I've been checking in here faithfully and then you've posted while I was away. I'm glad you will be home soon. Put me on your list of people lining up to talk western talk with you. love you my adventurous sister -- Lori

    ReplyDelete