Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hello

At the taking of this picture Bob said he was surrounded with his two loves - his wife and bamboo.
We had a wonderful time together in Vietnam.
My heart goes out to my husband today.
His mother Carmen passed away this morning.
We received news of her diagnosed illness while we were on tour. We tried to get back home but there were no flights out.
We came home as scheduled and Bob left immediately for California.
By the grace of God he was able to say his goodbyes. Mom was gone within hours of his arrival.

I will be joining him on the weekend.

Please keep our family in your prayers.





7 comments:

  1. We are praying for you and your family. There is no loss like the loss of a parent. We pray that the next few days will be ones of remembering all the great times, the family times, that you were able to experience. Love, Jan and Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Pastor Bob and Linda,
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you both. PB, It was meant to be that you were able to be there on time to say good-bye to your Mum. Our Lord knows, and he is the true healer of all our sadness.

    Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8

    For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
    A time to be born, and a time to die....
    A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
    a time to mourn, and a time to dance....

    Love Ernest and Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry for the loss of your mom Bob, but
    relieved that you were able to say your goodbyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember your mother Bob. I am glad we made it back to say good-bye. Blessings to you and lovely Linda. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry to hear this, Bob & Linda. We are thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brings back to my mind a trip we all took together to Woodland/Sacramento. Bob drove me over to Sac and prayed with my Grandma. Hmmmmm...now she and Carmen meet. Sweet. Blessings to your family! Karen R

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, I'm so sad Safi and I missed more opportunities to visit with you all. I think we should visit you! xo Erin

    ReplyDelete