Saturday, April 2, 2011

I got a very simple European styled bicycle with no gears. That's right! It's gonna take all the leg power I have to get me around town. I went on my maiden voyage this afternoon and rode to Cathie's in 12 minutes. The inclines were very do-able, much to my relief. I look forward to a very pleasant summer cruising around town.

There always seems to be a story connected to most of our experiences in life. The young man named Jim who assembled the bike helped me make the decision to purchase it. As we continued to speak I mentioned growing up in California in a place where the land is flat and easy to ride bikes. That sparked his interest as he spoke of driving through Woodland on his way to Mexico last summer with some buddies to help build houses. The long and the short of it is that he spent a couple of weeks in Encenada with YWAM and met our Danny and Danae and all the friends down there. He played soccer with Danny. What a small world.

Last summer I had so looked forward to cycling in Europe. I only got to do so a couple of times. The rains came down and the floods came up when I was in Coppenhagen.  I rented a bike in the Netherlands but never got to cycle in Germany either. I still marvel at the beautiful bike paths that take you from village to village. Maybe one day I can go back as a cyclist.

We have dykes near our house here. I will spend time riding there and look forward to discovering good paths around town. The bike is light enough for me to lift into Bob's pickup truck so I can take it to all sorts of places. I am blessed with girlfriends who have the same desire as me to get out in the fresh air.

I'm sure there will be plenty of pictures in the future of Miss Lizzy and me on some adventure...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, you 'Spoke' and it would appear that "Miss Lizzie' has found her new name... looks like from now on we'll be saying, "I'll just jump on my bike and see you in 12 minutes"! Now all we need to do is just coordinate our schedules!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lizzie is the perfect name for your bike :)

    it is so cute i just want to put it in my house as a decoration ;)

    ReplyDelete