Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Esma and the Heavenly Posole

These are GIANT cans.

The lemon and lime trees were full of fruit everywhere I looked.

Pork from the Mexican market

Onions and garlic for every ethnic recipe, eh?

These babies actually came home with me for Laura's birthday next week!

Salsa!!


Brianna, Marci, Linda and Esmerelda in Marci's kitchen

Everything's better with lard! Or butter!

This homemade salsa was so awesome. Esma added it to the sour cream for our fish tacos.

Bob is always at home in the kitchen. The last time he made Mexican food was at Danae's wedding.
Oh, had there only been more days to try more recipes!

The seeds are what make the peppers hot so they were removed before boiling them in the pot along with the pork which included pigs feet. It was like Mexican Paprigash. The hominy tasted like little corn dumplings!

The Posole Pot filled with delicious soup.

Marci and Sandra prepare the fresh fish tacos.



I was on tortilla turning duty while Esma rolled them.

Is it any wonder I get homesick for California and my family who lives there?
Fresh, hot, soft flour tortillas~




No Mexican Feast would be complete without a Siesta!
Hey! they deserved one after catching all those fish for the tacos.
Jacob was at his junior prom the night before.

We had such a wonderful day cooking with Esmerelda.
I had been feeling that I had 'lost my touch' with Mexican cooking through the years of living up here in the north country. The ingredients are not to be found here for one thing. I felt so happy to learn some new tricks from our lovely Esma. I was busy trying to document the experience as well as living it so it is all over the map on my sister's camera. These are just a few of the pics from the day.
There are more pictures of our dinner guests but unfortunately I am having a hard time getting them off the disc. 
We had a fabulous family day!




1 comment:

  1. Fabulous post mama! I am jealous...perhaps we need to make some of those yummy tortillas for Laura-Lou...I will bring my tortilla press!

    ReplyDelete