The Beatles proposed the question, "Will you still need me, will you still feed me when I'm 64?"
I am happy to report that I can answer that with an unequivocal YES to my dear husband.
I need him more than ever and he's very fun to feed even when he goes all healthy on me.
He treated me/us to a birthday week at the seashore of the Oregon coast. We spent four days exploring Astoria, Seaside and Canon Beach before having a family reunion in Olympia on the weekend.
The weather was perfect. They hadn't seen such beautiful weather there all summer. The sun was shining and there was no wind. We watched the sunset from our balcony every evening at 7:02. It was just glorious. We went in and out of antique shops and enjoyed ourselves very much. It was especially nostalgic in Astoria, right down to an old J.C. Penney's department store.
I'm glad I have a husband who likes shopping more than I do.
Actually, he's hard to keep up with.
Now that we've been to Denmark and have become pastry snobs, I would like to report false advertising. The baked goods in no way resembled the baking we enjoyed in Copenhagen. I gladly passed the goods by. Do you know how hard it is to find good capuccino outside of Europe??? I have been spoiled for life.
These chairs had our name on them. It was nice to watch all the passersby on the Prom right in front of our Inn of the Four Winds.
This isn't Hawaii but it may as well have been. It was so lovely!!!
Thanks, honey for a great birthday celebration!

What a delightful time you both had! Happy Birthday again and I can't wait to hear all about your week...call me sometime!
ReplyDeleteNice to actually see some of the things you talked about...like the two chairs where you watched the sunsets. I love the one of you on the porch. Sandra
ReplyDeleteWhat a great way to enjoy a birthday! Was remembering Bob's 40th.... ; -} SuRpRiZe!!! Love you guys! Karen R
ReplyDelete