So, we had a really lovely weekend but I didn't have my camera with me. The batteries were dead from Europe and I still haven't charged them up. So you get a photo of moi taken before I went to the wedding on Saturday. Bob performed a small garden marriage ceremony for some dear friends that was followed by a brunch at Queen Elizabeth Park in the Seasons Restaurant. It has such a spectacular view of Vancouver and I'm really sorry not to be able to post some pictures. We never saw anything like it in Europe!
On Sunday we went to Abbotsford after church to baptize some young people that used to attend our church. They still consider Bob their pastor even though they have moved away. It was a very special occasion. I must tell you that a good portion of our pastoring and services take place outside of the All Nations official membership roll and outside of the building. We have wonderful sheep scattered everywhere! That probably doesn't sound very traditional but who ever said we were traditional??? We are only a phone call away for many people. I gave up thinking that we could ever possibly contain all the people in a building on Sunday mornings. We have been here at All Nations for twenty two years as of this month and we don't plan on leaving any time soon. We are planted. I've come to realize that our stability provides a sense of security for many people and when the time comes they know who to call. It's really beyond my comprehension and definitely out of my control.
Chris and Laura and Sophia returned from their Kimberly/Calgary road trip this afternoon and we just enjoyed an evening meal at the Pho Hoa Vietnamese Restaurant with them. Sophia got some new chopsticks that needed to be tested.
It's pouring rain and chilly outside - a perfect evening to wrap up in a quilt.
I hope you are enjoying this Labor Day holiday and are ready to carry on with your new fall plans.
My nephew Scott is getting married next weekend and I'm sorry I won't be able to join in on the celebration in California with them. I know there will be lots of hustle and bustle in the Matthews family this week and my thoughts and prayers are with you all. Our family continues to grow!
Much love,


No comments:
Post a Comment