Thursday, November 19, 2009

Have Birdie Sling Will Travel...


I had a cordouroy skirt that I was no longer wearing so instead of donating it to the Sally Ann I decided to use the fabric and make myself a bag from the pattern Gina left me. I had the beautiful scarf from Candace that I thought would work beautifully with it and voila!
So now that I've finished my project it is time to fill it up with essentials for this weekend. I'm heading off on a road trip to Portland with my girlfriend Sheila.   We have all sorts of ideas and plans so we'll see how it unfolds. I'll be sure to give an update when I return. I'd like to mention how encouraging and supportive my husband is. He's the one who said, "Go!" That's all I needed to hear.

Have a great weekend.



3 comments:

  1. Hey Linda... love the bag, well done. Looks like both you and I are on a sewing jag, only my bags are staying put this weekend, while yours is off on it's first adventure! Have fun and leave a little room to bring back a token from your weekend away...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on the bag mom! I love the colors. have a wonderful time in Portland. Remember to drive safely...and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job on the bag! Have fun exploring Portland...wish I was there with you!

    Laura xox

    ReplyDelete