Saturday, January 3, 2009

This is dedicated to Kristin Schafer....

Kristin, you wanted snow and if I could, I would give you some of ours. It just keeps coming.  Even as I took this picture and am writing Bob is at the church with the men with shovels and a back hoe trying to remove the remains so we can have church tomorrow. It is no longer qualified as remains but as freshly fallen as this current snow just started falling in the past hour. I guess it's a little like trying to sweep back the tide of the ocean, it just keeps moving in. Just look at the bamboo bowing low to the ground. I will think of it as their worship to God, not as shoots breaking from the freezing weight of the snow. Hooray for the colorful flags from Vietnam to bring good cheer. Actually, it is quite beautiful as I sit in the garden room. I feel like I am in a snow globe that you shake at Christmas time. You should "hear" how quiet it was in the garden as I took this pic. It is breathtaking. Some of you reading this have more snow than we do. That is why it is dedicated to my California niece who only has fog. Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how much snow you guys keep getting! We're getting more cold weather than snow! We only have about a foot total, but we've had -45C with windchill weather and today was a high of -20... still too cold to be outside!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete