Monday, September 8, 2008

Amir, Amir, Look in the Mirror

I had one of the most discombobulated yoga classes of my life today. Amir and his sidekick Nazir were experiencing their first Bikram's class right behind me. There was a new teacher who was a rack of bones with a shock of black hair who addressed these sixty plus older gentlemen throughout the class as they proceeded with their antics right behind me. I knew I had to blog about it when she said, Amir, Look in the Mirror. It was such a rhyme in the midst of a real gong show. To my right was the opposite experience...a yoga queen who was like a Star Trek Voyager going to places where no woman has dared to go. The teacher was fine tuning this picture of perfection and darting back to the Amir and Nazir gong show duo. At the end, I had a strong, good practice and was quite pleased with myself for my ability to focus and press forward. 
The Babalinda duo had a great weekend. We are thoroughly enjoying the last threads of summer and we had two intimate candlelight dinners over the weekend which sandwiched the Vietnamese piggy dinner. (We will never be thin). I thought you might enjoy the sunset through the trees as I invite you to come and sit a spell on our park bench. Kristi and Jeremy were our Sunday evening guests.



















2 comments: