Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Four weddings and a funeral




Okay, even I'm looking for a new post on this blog and I'm bored with what I'm seeing every time I open the page. Guess it's time to rattle on about something! Blogging is a tricky business. How much do I divulge about my life, which usually involves divulging something about my friends or family? Private journals are the place for most thoughts but there is also a time and place to share musings. I really enjoy having this outlet. 
This has been a season of weddings and there are still two more to go before the autumn leaves fade. Sadly, the movie, Four Weddings and a Funeral has become a reality for us this month as we prepare to officiate a funeral this week after four weddings. Actually, there were five weddings. (Time for a new movie.) Life is like that. So full of highs and lows that sometimes we don't know where to place our emotions. Through it all, life is good and we learn to savor our days. You never know what a day may bring but you can be guaranteed that you will find a thread in which to weave into the tapestry of your life.
I received some photos of Sophia today that I will pass on. We will celebrate her first birthday next month in Calgary. Her birthday just happens to fall on Canadian Thanksgiving Day so it will be turkey for dinner. We are looking forward to seeing our Calgary girls and their families. Later that month we will get to see our grandson. Sam now chats with me on the phone occasionally. Gina says he puts the phone on his shoulder and walks around the house as he jabbers away. He is speaking in little sentences. Did I ever tell you how smart he is?? And Sophia is not just a pretty face, let me tell you. I haven't seen the kids since June and I am more than ready for a Grama Fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment