Friday, September 7, 2012

Springs of Joy

“With joy! shall ye draw waters from the well of salvation. Not just for your own household but for the wayfarer and stranger….And as Rebecca….”
Yes, those were very encouraging prophetic words. I do not have it transcribed at my fingertips any longer. I think I wrote them out once from the cassette tape that I had for years. Mrs. Rozella Fox the vessel that spoke them to me, bless you for them. Have there been any truer words given to me?
From the saving of my household to the many people through the years that have experienced the waters of salvation, I rejoice!
I love how OC continues to point to the fact that we are vessels who believe and therefore the promise of Jesus remains - out of us will flow rivers, fountains, springs, wells - all words that describe the very essence of the Spirit of God alive on this planet. We are but dust, the earthen vessels containing the glory of the Lord who must constantly be broken and poured out from. Without Him we can do nothing. With Him we are highly favoured, a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, servants of the Lord Most High.
The title for today is springs of benignity. Thank goodness for the dictionary! My first inclination would be to think of a benign tumour - harmless, perhaps worthless not malignant…but the dictionary declares it to be kindly disposition, gracious, showing or expressing gentleness, kindly, favourable; propitious (indicative of favour and auspicious (fortunate, prosperous, favourable)
Beautiful! Jesus (the Source), pure grace Himself (grace and truth came through Jesus Christ). My one objective in life is to be rightly connected to Him - to believe Him, to drink from Him, to partake in His fellowship.
John 4:13 - Everyone who drinks this water (natural water from a well on this earth) will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.
If the river stops flowing, if the well stops springing, if the fountain dries up - I must know that the problem lies in me, not in the water of life. When thirst is unquenched, when anxiety rules, when peace (like a river) stops tending my soul, I need to stop and lift my eyes to the Source once again. It is not my job to create life but only to believe in Life Himself and go back to the trust and surrender at the throne from which the water of life flows.
These things are not proverbs or parables but the reality of life in Jesus….out of him shall flow…. everything that is poured in has no recourse but to escape, to be poured out - self expenditure not self realization. We cannot measure our spiritual success…Look at me, a beautifully rounded grape but no, He squeezes the sweetness out of me and what pours through me is what counts.
“She who refreshes others will herself be refreshed.”
I have absolutely no control where the water will flow. It is a force that springs from God Himself. He can make springs in the desert, floods in the wastelands. My life should only be focused on Him, not in what my ‘ministry’ for Him is. How shallow, how contrived, how ludicrous church has made life in Christ, which is no life at all. Programs, structures, time frames all trying to contain what goes in and what goes out (and when).
The garden of the Lord is well watered.
God opened Hagar’s eyes and she saw a well of water and she went and filled a vessel with water and gave it to her son to drink…
Rebecca stood beside the spring and offered water to Abraham’s servant and offered to water his camels also.
In this one act, Rebecca set the course for the rest of her life.
She was only going about her daily routine. In the evening ‘when the women went to draw water’ the Bible says. Imagine, taking the time to show hospitality in the midst of responsibility. And not only to the man, but to his thirsty camels. What a hard working woman Rebecca must have been. She did not hesitate, or think that there wouldn’t be enough water.
May I be like Rebecca and remain faithful to my daily routine but be always ready to share the water of life with others. It should come naturally, readily, easily and it will, if I am filled with the Spirit of God. Rebecca hasted. She did not hesitate.
A fountain of gardens, a well of living waters and streams from Lebanon. SS 4:15

1 comment: