Monday, August 15, 2011

A Summer Afternoon

I am so happy to be back home again after being away for the month of July. The weather has been so mild. Today I just enjoyed a lovely afternoon with Sophia. Bob captured us as we sat in the sunshine writing in our journals and coloring.

We had a lovely weekend that included a visit from Gina.
She came without the children.
Since she and Sara were unable to be in California when their grandmother Carmen passed away 
we had a special time together after the fact. We had been able to bring some memorabilia home and we certainly had a wonderful time pouring over pictures and letters and journals that belonged to Carmen.
It is always a happy time for me when the girls are near...
We went to see "The Help" and enjoyed the movie more than the book in some ways.
We managed to do some shopping too.
Good times!
Coffee in the cottage

Sara's new place

Talking to Aunt Deann in California

Some of the treasures
These looks like they've always been there!

Old world charm added to Sara's fabulous decor.

'Pretty Girl's' Bracelet
Hand crocheted coverlet

Sandy will know what has been added.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you had this special time with your girls Linda, I know your mother's heart is content. Hey, I'm off to see The Help tomorrow...looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete