Thanks to all of you who commented on the last post and through personal email.
As the Lord would have it (He's always full of surprises), Bob's sister Deann was also present for Lynne and my reunion and she too is part of the story of my wedding day.
DeeDee and I are the same age (Bob married a younger woman) so she was a mere 20 years old along with me on November 27, 1971. Lynne of course is much older. ha ha No, she is just one year older and in fact she celebrated her 21st birthday on the eve of my wedding on November 26. I went out to dinner with her and her family that night and then we came home and Lynne finished hemming her skirt for the wedding. Remember (or maybe you will be learning this for the first time) Bob asked me to marry him and ten days later we had the wedding! Mom had to scurry too to make me a dress and order a cake. Mind you, we had already been engaged for a couple of days when we decided, "Why wait?!" So really, there weren't even ten days to prepare. Just a couple. For all I know this could have been the first time I ever met Deann. Crazy, eh? And for some reason I had stopped wearing makeup at this stage of my life. Bad decision, as you can see. There wasn't much to prep for at that lovely dressing table.
So last week I made sure DeeDee was in the picture too and there the three of us are!
The same dilemna holds true for long distance relationship between Deann and myself.
We dearly love each other but only see each other at our little yearly visits to California. She is retired now and we seemingly enjoy so many of the same things in life. Unlike me, but very much like her brother, she is a gardener. But like me, she likes to sew, thrift store shop, cycle and make a home.
I often bemoan that many of my favorite people in the world do not live near me.
I'm pretty sure that is why God created HEAVEN.
There is an eternity that awaits those who have put their trust in Jesus.
Next post I will show some pictures of Bob's mom Carmen's lovely home and neighborhood.

No comments:
Post a Comment