Monday, November 1, 2010

All Saints Day

Greetings, to all you saints out there.
Can you believe it is November 1 already?
It has been a whirlwind Sept/Oct for me, how about you?
We returned from Europe at the end of August and celebrated Mike and Rene's beautiful wedding on the Labor Day weekend.
Life with a three year old has been such a joy, and part of our experience was being there when little Miss Personality started her pre-school. She is just too adorable and definitely takes center stage in our daily life now. Any feelings of loneliness or isolation have given way to joy and happiness at having a grandchild on the premises. Sometimes I just shake my head in amazement that this prayer was answered!
Bob got me back into the Bikram yoga routine with him which meant changing my schedule a little bit. Joy Club gave way to Sweat Club for this season.
We found ourselves on the Oregon coast for our birthdays and then within a week I was heading back down to the States to celebrate Melanie's 50th birthday in Idaho with my sisters. It was wonderful.
Upon returning home it was Sophia's birthday WEEK.  Such festivities which culminated with her harvest party in the gazebo...
Then joy of joys - Gina brought my Sam and Lola and herself for a week's visit. It was so delightful. I loved watching the children get to know each other and play so well together. There was never a quarrel. I found that really amazing when you put two three year olds together. Grampa's garden was a fabulous playground and there was also the local pumpkin patch and riverside local park. Never a dull moment.
We had a little pirate visit our house last night with her trick or treat loot. She was very friendly and liked sharing her candy with Grama and Grampa.
So that brings me to this moment. I'm traveling with the man so I get to use his laptop as I sit here at the YVR heading south to Florida for the week. Off to a VWAM board meeting. We will be hosting a Vietnamese pastor and wife in our home when we return and then with a blink of the eye it will be American Thanksgiving and the brink of the Christmas season. Of course, there is a wedding brewing for December 4.
So this is one of those blogs that has words and no pictures but my itching fingers enjoyed typing as I sit here and wait for the plane. Thanks for letting me converse with you! I'll keep you posted.
Love ya, Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment