Saturday, August 28, 2010

Chillin at Grama's


Try to imagine what it was like to return from a month of travels and to see this little face peering out her window to welcome us home. It was such a joy to hear, "Grampa!" "Grama!" It was music to my ears.

We love having the Pearsons as our new neighbors. It is working out really well for all concerned. When we stayed at the GuestHause in Germany with the Woods and the Droesches it seemed normal to me to live in close proximity to your loved ones. Everyone has their own living space but there is an easy flow to sharing life together. There is always someone who is ready for action when you are and if you want some quiet time, you just close the door to the inner sanctuary. Mind you, there are often surprises. One night I was snuggled in bed when a knock came on the door. I was available to sit with Sam and Lola as they slept and Matt and Gina were able to slip away for an evening walk. Just delightful. Someone is always cooking something or has some chocolate to spare. I'm a new believer in this semi-communal living situation.

I think Sophia likes it too!


2 comments: