I've been practicing my crochet and learning to make baby hats. My first two attempts turned out really small and my teddy bears were the recipients. The first bear is named Hania after my dear friend who gave her to me. She comes from Sweden. The second bear is one I made for my Aunt Ginny and when she passed away Uncle Jerry gave her back to me in loving memory. I've also used my alarm clock as a model because it has a face.
Meet my friend Kristy and baby Cassie. They live in Alberta and I was so delighted by a surprise visit with them this weekend. Kristy has a really wonderful story to tell of how dreams really do come true. Cassie is definitely a part of that fulfillment.
It was a joy to have a real live baby try on my hats and have them fit! Hooray!
She's stylin' now!
Funny how things turn out. I almost missed getting to see my friends. I wasn't supposed to be home this weekend. I was invited to meet with all of my sisters in Oregon but opted to stay home because of all that is going on here. It was a very hard decision to make but I knew it was the right choice for now.
So this is the final week to prepare for the Pearson's arrival next weekend. The weather has turned cold and rainy so the work place is a bit damp and chilly but Bob presses on! I will have some good photo ops tomorrow as the cupboard doors go on. The next big part is the dry wall and taping and waiting for it to set so we can paint and put the carpet.
It's really happening!
Love the hats Linda....Thanks for teaching me!
ReplyDelete