Thursday, April 22, 2010

Show and Tell















Come gather around. I have something to show you!


I just learned to crochet and this is my first accomplishment.
An afghan in a light antique rose color.
It has been keeping me warm while Bob is away.
I give my beautiful friend Cathie a heart felt thank you for giving me the gift of this particular pattern that she designed and the lessons that set me on my way to being able to crochet. I have found such a joy in this new skill. It is very therapeutic and relaxing. I do believe that I will always have a project on the go because it is a 'go to' kind of needlecraft. I've become like those annoying women in the seventies (who are probably now IN their seventies) who would bring their yarn and hooks or needles to public events and sit happily in their own little world and who would occasionally look up and smile and have something to say and then go back to their busy handwork. I do solemnly swear that I will not sit in the front row of church and crochet while my husband brings the morning message. I do draw the line! ha

This afghan was made with two strands of yarn so it took double the amount of cotton and it made the actual hooking a little sluggish because of the thickness. It taught me a new kind of patience as I made my first humble attempts. It feels good to finish this project and I look forward to the next one!










9 comments:

  1. Well Manuela and I are soooooo amazed. Manuela says OMG!! I say this little vignette could be in a magazine. Too cute Linda Lu!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It looks totally awesome Linda! WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job! It's great to find something that you love to do and can relax while doing it. I look forward to seeing more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did such an amazing job!! It is so beautiful and not at all one of those "ugly afghans" that you see all too often, lol! I can't wait to make one one day as well...as you teach me! Sophia can't wait for her mini me afghan <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job Linda. And I like that you added the "famous" blossoms on top. (you've bloomed so much since our train ride. I'm impressed!) --Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That's really lovely. It's really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. another WOW for your comments! I am so impressed!truly!

    ReplyDelete