Sandra and Linda and Daddy Troy
Well, I'm a little late for Easter with the pic but I just found it today. I love the look on my dad's face and his stance. As for the Easter girls, I think they're pretty cute. Those were the days when you got the whole ensemble - hat, dress and shoes along with really cool Easter baskets. This is in Grama Marie's back yard. Check out the wishing well on the left. That tree continued to grow and it became a great climbing tree. I see a bird house and a wagon wheel and a plant cart. Mostly I see sweetness from a day gone by.
As for the current day, I am into day two of playing home alone as Bob spends the next three weeks in Vietnam. You can check out his blog made special for this journey in the My Blogs List section on the right. You cannot leave an actual comment on the blog but there is an email address where you can write and say hello to him. He would love to hear from you.
I am planning to stay close to home and busy myself with quiet projects and girlfriends. I bought a month's pass at a local yoga studio and I am enjoying the variety and change from Bikram's for now. This morning we went for a brisk walk in the woods before the class. It was so beautiful to be out in nature so early in the morning.
Our weather has been crazy windy. I told Gina that Sam needs to come for a visit so he can play the Pick Up The Pinecones Game with Grama. I'm sure he would win.
Before Bob left we went into a small renovation project and put up a divider wall in our basement and cleared out lots of stuff from his office and painted. I still have to finish reorganizing my utility room. I've set it up like an art studio and am using the bigger area for a sewing room. Change is always good when it comes to home improvements.
I'll be speaking in church for two of the three Sundays. It's always an honor and privilege to talk about Jesus. This Sunday I will speak about the Jesus Way. As always, sermons aren't just something to come up with but to live out and you can be guaranteed that winds of change always blow when you step out like this. Let me tell ya, change is a comin' and in the next while you will be hearing some cool things coming to you from Scribbles.
I hope you have a good weekend!


love this picture Linda! I especially love the way Dad looks too. As far as cool Easter baskets.....those must have been from Grama because I was just telling my grandgirls how we didn't have Easter baskets and our Mom had us carry on the tradition of her childhood by making baskets out of our clothes. We laid them out on the floor the night before Easter in hopes the Easter bunny would fill them. I guess we never had to store Easter baskets that way!
ReplyDeleteSister Sandra once that cute little girl always next to her cute big sister Linda
What a classic photo...definitely a framer!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute photo!! Clasic Easter. Grampa Troy looks so proud of his girls!!
ReplyDeleteOne day I am going to dress Sophia up in full Easter dress with hat and lace trimmed white socks..oh yes I am!! Your face is reminding me of Sophia as she is getting older..cool!