Look who came to visit Grampa and Grama!
It's Sam and Lola!
Matt and Gina flew the kids over to the coast for a visit to the aquarium.
They arrived in the Ridge just in time for lunch on Tuesday. (yesterday)
The kids were in bed by 4:something as they are on a three-hour-difference-time-zone in Ontario. That meant they were also UP before 4:something this morning. Grama didn't want to miss a minute of time with Sam and Lola so I joined in on the early morning play time.
They were on their way by 9:00 a.m. for a waffle brunch date with Uncle Jonathon and Auntie Mu this morning but not before Sam climbed the ladder in Grama Linda's playhouse to go up into the ceiling. It was a short and OH SO SWEET visit.
We packed a lot in for a 21 hour period of time. Sam had a blast raking leaves with Grampa Bob and discovering all sorts of amazing things in the garden. Grama made a video of Grampa and Sam before they came in for their hot cocoa and marshmallows.
This is Lola's second visit to our house in the last two weeks. I couldn't be happier! She's not even three months old and I've been able to be with her three times. Pretty good for a long distance relationship.

Sam's first experience with the cubby hole that Grampa built in for the grandkids to get from the basement into the guest suite.
Lola chillin' in the sun porch with Daddy.
From the outside looking in or should I say from the inside looking out. Just look at little Lola's sweet face next to her pretty mama.

The worker bees.
Just as soon as the Woods drove away Sophia called Grama to say hi from Calgary.
Was there really life before grandchildren?
How I love those little ones.

Oh how fun...wish I could have been there!
ReplyDeleteLOVE all the pics!!!! I wish we could have been there too! We need another family all together trip...pronto!!
ReplyDeleteHey Scribbles! Love the new banner... and the picture of Bob with Sam - they both look like they are in absolute harmony and bliss together!
ReplyDeleteThat is so wonderful that they were able to visit. Love the pics, too!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you!
ReplyDelete