Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Learning Curve~

Recently, I was asked to take photos of a wedding. I'm enjoying putting together the collage of pictures from that very special day. Last year, I was able to take quite a number of photos of brides and special events. It is now time to take a real class on photography! Can you believe it? I've been 'pointing and shooting' for quite some time and thought that if I ever took a class it might intimidate me and squelch the creative flow. Sometimes ignorance is bliss! In reality, ignorance is just ignorance and there is no reason to stay in the dark when there is so much to learn!  I took skads of photos of the grandkids last week but I must say that it was a little frustrating. Is there a class on how to make two year olds stand still for a picture? I don't think so! I switched to video instead to catch their happy movement. I still ended up with mostly back of the head shots.  I love my Mac and it affords me lots of creative playtime with the still and videos shots that I acquire in my 'point and shoot' efforts. Photography is becoming a really nice hobby for me. They say the word amateur means 'the love of something you do as a hobby'. I have no desire to become professional but I do want to be able to enjoy what I do with a little more skill and flare. My first class is next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment