Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Giving you a good laugh....


I love looking at all the beautiful blogspots that this world has to offer. It's very entertaining, inspiring and just plain appealing as eye candy. Well, my blogspot is just keepin' it real, okay? We can only offer what we have, right? First of all, today marks two weeks since I said 'adios' to the Baba from Babalinda. Bob went flying off into the sunset and landed in Vietnam and is having a great time. I am home holding down the fort. He's a smart man and puts me in charge of Bible study for Sundays. It keeps me out of trouble but mainly it keeps me focused and inspired and passionately in love with Jesus. I enjoy studying, meditating and writing about it. So today, I wrote a sermon about perseverance in keeping with the 2 Peter study I started two weeks ago. I spent some time before that putting the second coat of paint on my dining room chairs and making myself a lovely pot of vegetable soup. I did some other reading as well. By the time my aRt class time rolled around I was feeling rather blurry eyed and sleepy and ready to curl up on the couch, but because I had just written about perseverance I decided I would have to stay the course and go to my evening class. I penciled in some semblance of eyebrows, put on some cheeks and lipstick but left my eyes makeup-less. Bob and I always praise the Lord for makeup in my life, but tonight I thought, "no one will notice...."  I could not believe it when I got there! We were told to pick a partner and sit across from one another as we were going to sketch each other's portraits. Yikes.  I don't know which freaked me out more - feeling sorry for my partner or the sheer panic of doing something I've never done before. We had four assignments, each one harder than the one before. We ended by sketching from a photocopy of a portrait of our choice. If you can guess who this is you will receive a gold star in the mail. To save postage I'll just say that I made Mother Theresa look like a pirate. What a hoot. Lord have mercy. I think I'll stick to photography and decorating...







5 comments:

  1. I did laugh out loud. But I am impressed. Really. I immediately thought of Picasso. (And just think how famous he is...!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks like a pirate monkey...but i think you did a good job! I can tell that that is Mother Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I like your new layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly, I can see your potential...and I'm not just saying that 'cause it is mother's day;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the encouragement, girls!!!

    ReplyDelete