Saturday, March 7, 2009

Scavenger Hunting

 I'm hunting and gathering for an upcoming project - an artist kit to be able to carry my journal and altered book supplies. It tickles my fancy and when my fancy is tickled I feel happy and giddy inside. Some years ago I took on the motto, "It's never too late to have a happy childhood." I had a happy childhood but it didn't last long enough. I've learned how to play again in the past eight years and I think I'm getting worse (playfully speaking) as the years go by. 

That first year we moved to the 'ridge' I bought myself a Barbie blow up mat and headed down to the river to float. I love riding my bike and bringing along a picnic and a book and resting at another spot along the river. I think it would have been great to grow up here but because I didn't, I'm enjoying it now.

We have great little thrift shops locally but unfortunately they took our big sewing store away so I had to drive into the next town to purchase my fabric. I was in and out of the shop in record time as I walked in and scored. I found the vintage threads locally.

Now that I have my project supplies I'm making the pattern and will spend Tuesday with Catherine and we will attempt to create our masterpieces. The kit will become a part of my summer outings in the park or wherever I want to take it for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment