Saturday, October 25, 2008

Cameraless in Saint Jacob...


Helping Mommy make dinner


Another tea time



"Grampa Bob fick its"
"Grampa Bob show me"





Hi everyone. You've heard of Sleepless in Seattle....I was camera-less in Saint Jacob. Silly me. We've just had the most wonderful day in the little Mennonite community 45 minutes from here. We went to the Farmers Market and I can't begin to describe the sights and smells. It was like being at the market in Bangkok but instead of Asian products it was filled with all the bread doughs, desserts, sausages, fresh fruits and vegetables, perogies, preserves, honey jars, quilts and yummy things that brought out the little white woman in me. We bought everything for Grampa Bob to make us a home made spaghetti dinner and I mean everything including the handmade pasta. I can hardly wait for mealtime. We saw the oldfashioned horsedrawn black buggies, a broom factory, a little tiny train that went in and out of a garden gift shop and a bubble maker that filled the street with bubbles. AND I DIDN'T HAVE MY CAMERA.

Guelph is a delightful place for the Woods to settle in. Their home is warm and cozy and located near the downtown area. The area reminds us of Curtis Park where Grama Carmen lives. We took a lovely walk with Sam and Gina yesterday and toured the shops and viewed the houses and stopped at the bakery for hot chocolate and hot apple cider on the way home. I've discovered a pastry called Bee Stings. Deadly, indeed.

I'm hooked on Backyardigans with Sam. Having a great time....

No comments:

Post a Comment