A really cool thing happened last weekend. Some great friends brought dinner to us - meals on wheels gourmet style. Steve and Fran thought of everything and Bob and I were guests in our own home. How cool is that? Their motivation was to hang out in the garden, but it was pouring rain. Instead we had a candlelight fireside dinner indoors. Just lovely.
I've totally enjoyed scrapbooking in my little cottage this summer. Now that it is cold I don't like to head out there. I have a heater but I would have to keep it running all the time to suit my whims. Bob picked up this great unit for me a while back and thought I might like it for sewing. That was before I started scrapping. All the shelves are like drawers that pull out as it used to be used as a display unit for a clothing store. Can you see the beauty of how practical it is? I will especially enjoy scrapping with a girlfriend as there is plenty of space to work and to spread out too. Now I need to bring in all my supplies from the cottage and organize myself for the long cold months ahead. I love my little office which includes a comfy couch for lounging or reading.
I visited my friend Clara today. She is dying. She has stopped eating. Her 95th birthday will be on October 29. She is resting comfortably. I am always so impressed with the Filipino health care providers. She is in good hands. I said my goodbyes today but it is hard to say how many more days she has left. Clara and I have some amazing memories together. She always wished we had been the same age (preferably she would be MY age) as she knew we would have gotten into lots of shenanigans together. She was right. Hats off to the Dutchess.
The Chicklits made a pact to climb some kind of mountain next August. We aren't getting any younger and Dwaina proposed this plan to get ourselves fit enough to climb one of the many mountains that surround our community and to toast with champagne at the top. I'm not sure who will be carrying the champagne bottle but it is a noble plan and goal for us. Jody will be our mighty leader. We will even go shoe shopping together to outfit ourselves. Truth be told, I didn't even walk the dykes this year so this is a lofty notion for me. Wish me something good!
Listen to the rhythm of the falling rain! Let it rain, let it pour but please, please stop for the weekend!!! Not only are we having a bridal shower there is a church yard sale. We have a basement full of great scores that need to be displayed for all the passers-by. We had an amazing fund raiser two weeks ago at a fancy golf course and this is our last big effort to make a few more dollars by the end of the year to help pay for the renovations that were done this summer at ANCF.
Onward and upward....
I was just looking closely at your photo and was surprised to see your ribboned bear. I believe I have the same bear or one very much like it (unless it is THE bear, a present to you from my mom cleaning out my closet??) It was a going-away present from my co-workers when I quit for good at Granny's Wild Geranium! I fell in love with that bear one night when I unpacked her for display at the store.
ReplyDeleteRibboned in red bear. . .
ReplyDeleteIt's a twin bear! Your bear is safely waiting for you in your closet. Shall I bring it to you? :)
ReplyDeleteThat desk looks perfect for scrapping. I started on Friday and have managed to do 3 pages. Feels good to be back!
ReplyDeletePoor little Clara. If you see her again tell her hello from me.