Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad

Troy and Eileen Matthews







































Congratulations, Dad and Mom on your 61st wedding anniversary from your 60 year old daughter. You were pretty cute back then but I have to say that you are still pretty cute. Your love has grown, flourished and blossomed into a beautiful testimony of what it is to be a husband and wife committed to each other. Your family has also grown, flourished and blossomed. Your youngest grandaughter will now be getting married in February and so it continues.

Life has a way of twisting and turning but you have remained flexible and have been shaped through the process and are showing your family what married love is - till death do us part. Your love is a light to all who behold you.

I recently found a Scripture that encourages me and so I will share it with you. It is found in Isaiah 46.
"Listen to me, all you who remain in the house of Israel, you whom I have upheld since you were conceived, and have carried since your birth. Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you."

From beginning to end you have been upheld, carried and sustained by our loving Creator and He will be the one who sustains you forevermore. What a wonderful knowledge for all of us to embrace. We have nothing to fear for our God rescues us and helps us and never ceases to carry us.

May you both rest in His loving arms today as you also rest in the arms of each other. I know your day will be a special one. I wish I were there to give you both a hug but instead I send you my thoughts and words through the wonderful technology of the computer world. Since you are such a savvy Daddy I know you will find this somewhere in cyberspace. How many 80+ year old men are on Facebook??? You are not only cute, you are cool. Kisses to Mom from me.
Love, Linda

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful gift their love is to the children, grandchildren, great grandchildren and all who know them! When the family thinks of love they will think first of Jesus and then Troy and Eileen. The Lord is good. ( I never realized just how much you look like your momma until this picture, you both have the same sweet smile and twinkle in your eyes)

    ReplyDelete