Saturday, October 1, 2011

I Made It!

Baby Linda and her PaPete 

Well, it's official. I'm Sixty. There, I said it.  I took this photo of a dress shop in Denmark back when I was 58 for some girlfriends of mine. Now I can use it for myself. The sixties girl is now sixty. Well, I wasn't born in the sixties but I sure lived the sixties. In high school the elite popular girls were called 6-0's. I'm a 6-0 now. It's funny. My grampa in the picture is probably younger than my husband is currently. OUch. Times have certainly changed.

So, I'm here to make the most of it. Make hay while the sun shines, all that good stuff. I had a good birthday and if things keep going the way they have, I know I have many happy times ahead.

I'm realizing that I enjoy looking back on my old photos and journals so it encourages me to keep blogging for my own personal record and to continue to keep hand written journals and musings. Lynne and I had a good time making a journal for her personal use and in the midst of it I added a back page to mine from the papers she had. We had a good time with the characters from Oz. She, taking the persona of 'Wicked' and me of 'Glinda'. It seemed obvious. ha ha Well, only because I live in the North and she in the West. That worked okay, until she claimed she lived in the North of California and I lived in the West of Canada. See how'Wicked' she is???  Through it all we have plenty of fodder for more stories for our journals.

I encourage you to blog or keep a journal even if you are half way thinking about it. It's so therapeutic.
There are many publications to help you on your way if you are interested.

My journal has two faces....

I have this inkling that something is shifting inside me as a sixty year old woman.
I seem to love y'all more than ever and at the same time am finding the space to be more me  -(even to myself).
I see that I have to let go of things to embrace new things.
I see that I have to allow for the messiness of life instead of trying to control it.
For instance, I have made a lovely serene little room that houses my guest bed and craft supplies. For the sake of serenity I have kept my supplies hidden in the closet. This weekend I started pulling things out and I brought in an ugly table that is functional. I really enjoyed myself - cutting and pasting and playing.  Fortunately, the table can hide behind a door when I don't want to use it but it's there for the creative times. Bob and I have more plans for my little cottage too. It's good to be alive and full of life and ideas. 

Thanks  to you who take the time to read the S-c-r-i-b-b-l-e-s that come from my computer to yours.
Enjoy the journey!






2 comments:

  1. Ha! I see you have finally found a proper ink color! (Or did I just notice it?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, that is the picture of you and PaPete I just found in Mom's stuff. I didn't know you had it. I love it. Happy 60 girl!

    ReplyDelete