Friday, August 19, 2011

Not Just Another Pretty Face

Linda and Lizzy
Okay, so Lizzy may be the sweetest looking little bike you ever did see this side of the street but I am here to tell you she is not just another pretty face. She is an instrument of torture. Don't let her nostalgic little bike seat behind fool you. Look at me smiling so trustingly in this picture when I bought her. How was I to know that she would require big girl panties to ride her? You see, Lizzy has no gears. My bad. In the long run this will be a good thing for my own behind. I do have to report that I have never given up on any of the hills we have faced and climbed together. I may have to stand up on her pedals occasionally to conjure up more leg strength, but I've never dismounted. Yes, I CAN! is my motto. I may not be fast, but I'm slow! (or something like that) I enjoyed taking her out on the dykes this week and enjoying the scenery all around me. It was just getting back and forth to the dykes that was challenging.

On behalf of her pretty little face, be looking for Lizzy as she makes a cameo appearance at a Vintage Tea Party this weekend. Yes, she is also a great decoration when not putting me through my own gears.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Lizzy really is a little beauty! ....and kudos to you for pedalling your azz all over town!

    ReplyDelete