Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Pancit and Cream Puffs

We returned home from sunny California to find it very cold and rainy here in BC - surprise, surprise.
It took me a couple of days to get over my 'car lag' so I finished a book called The Help. You can really appreciate the rain when you have skylights in a garden room, a warm blanket and a cup of tea nearby.

We had to go into the city on Friday and again on Saturday. We had a church work bee followed by a 25 year wedding anniversary celebration for Herman and Yuko. I brought my camera but the battery was finished so I have no pictures of our lovely friends to show. 

Thus began a flurry of feasts.

We found ourselves relaxing on Sunday afternoon as the sun peeked through the clouds.
Sunday BBQ with Laura, Karla, Bob and Sara

Paige and Sophia played in the garden

The girls enjoyed their BBQ chicken in the garden room
On Monday Minda and her daughter Eli came over to prepare dinner. I love to see my kitchen come to life like this. Eli graduated from Culinary Arts School and came to teach me how to make cream puffs and eclairs.
There were a few steps to making these wonderful treats but Eli made it look easy!

Let the puffs begin!

Peeling vegetables for pancit (Filipino noodles)

What I like about this picture is that I'm not in it.
Imagine, dinner that you don't have to cook in your own home!



Good watchers

chicken and vegies

These were filled with fresh custard


Enough noodles to feed an army
Peter and Ana
Ana arrived with a carload of food to add to the feast - ribs and wings and scalloped potatoes.
Yes, I am starting to look like a cream puff myself.
Minda and Ana were the lovely women who hosted a wedding shower for Chris and Laura. They are known for their good cooking and beautiful presentation. These are Chris and Sophia's 'people' as we say.

FYI
There used to be a wall and door where Chris is sitting and an outside wall also.
Bob started first with the kitchen renovation and then added the garden room another year.
I am always so thankful for the labor of love that provided this spacious place to gather.

Who doesn't love a Disney princess?

Sophia loves Jeanette

Laura, Eli and Corinth

This lovely couple just arrived in Canada from Japan on Saturday. 



My honey

Cream Puff and her sugar daddy

Aaron
No gathering is complete without a teenage boy texting his friends.

The Pearsons
Chris celebrates his birthday on Friday.
Can we handle another feast????
As you saw in the last post we then celebrated Laura's birthday on Tuesday. I have so many events to post that I can't even keep up with them. Today I am sipping on my green tea for the day!!! I might even take in an exercise class before I leave to meet Candace and Jody for their birthday celebration! What a week!!! And Easter is coming.....

No comments:

Post a Comment