One of our guilty pleasures in Europe was having an afternoon cappuccino.
It is always served with a little spoon on the side and with a sweet treat on the saucer.
I've had my Starbuck's Barista for many years but it has been gathering dust on my pantry shelf.
Why?
Truth be told it's because Gina told me it wasn't working properly and I believed her.
Recently, I pulled it off the shelf, blew off the dust, got out the directions pamphlet and set about to prove her wrong.
Voila!
I am happy to announce that my little coffee bar is open for business.
I look forward to making a nice little treat for you, Gina.
Come soon and bring those little grandies with you.
And speaking of my grandchildren.
This is the picture I've been waiting for!!
MY BOYS!!!!!!
So....years ago in my childbearing years I began to produce daughters.
Bob couldn't have been happier.
He wanted little girls.
He got three beautiful daughters.
He would often say though, that when he was older he wanted a son.
His reasoning?
He would be wiser and would have more time to teach him.
I, on the other hand, would laugh.
Yes, Bob would be older but so would I!!!
Somehow I think younger women should have active sons.
I would say that we would have to name him Isaac as Sara named Abraham's son because of her laughter and the impossibility of the situation.
Well, the time has finally come and Gina gets to be the young mom raising an active son and Grampa Bob gets his grandson to share his wisdom and skills with.
Sam is a boy unto himself.
There is none like him.
We adore our boy.
We can hardly stand it.
But I must say that within that mix Bob Peragallo is incarnate in him.
Sam is not just another handsome face.
Not only does he have brains and good looks - he has braun.
He can work alongside the best - his daddy, his Grampa Rodger and in this story his Grampa Bob.
We arrived home from Europe around 4:30 p.m.
Sam was out like a light from the long flight and taxi ride.
When Grampa Bob woke very early the next morning, Sam had already been up for hours waiting for him. The two of them went into the back garden to work first thing. Bob made arrangements for four yards of soil to be delivered at noon. In the meantime, Sam rode his bike alongside the rest of us as we walked into town to the farmer's market so I could get ingredients for lunch. After the bike ride, he was back at it with Grampa Bob.
The dirt arrived right on schedule.
Sam put on his boots and got his shovel.
That boy moved dirt.
He moved dirt and he moved dirt.
I don't mean playing in the dirt.
I mean shoveling dirt into the wheelbarrow and moving dirt from the big pile.
He did not stop.
He saw the job completed right alongside his Grampa Bob.
I always say that a dirty husband is a happy husband.
Now I can say that a dirty grandson is a happy grandson.
Just look at my two happy boys.
I love you, Bob and Sam.


That is the cutest picture ever...two peas in a pod!
ReplyDeleteHaving two sons of my own this picture of Bob and Sam was a daily occurrence in my young mothering days, it was a constant circle of gathering dirty socks and clothing, washing, drying, folding, and right back at it the following day... I even would lay down in the dirt so the boys could jump over me with their dirt bikes!...this momma wouldn't have changed it for a thing. But now, with an addition of a lovely daughter-in-law and beautiful granddaughter, I get to play catch-up with all the girly things that you enjoyed, Linda, for so many years. Isn't it wonderful how God blesses us!
ReplyDeleteAh yes, my little dirt monkey! Sorry about the coffee maker sitting idle for so long. I do remember it not working though!
ReplyDeleteSam missing his grampa bob too. He talks about him all the time when we go out in the garden. This week we harvested all of the Jerusalem artichoke and it was hard work so I stopped after we dug up half, but Sam would have none of that! He recruited new help in Nick and kept going till the job was done! He worked for about 2 hours digging them all up! He was so proud of himself!