Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I realize I don't have that much experience with the ocean. (I also realize that I really don't have that much experience, period. I am a mere 58 years young and have only put my toes into the realm of things eternal.) Growing up in California, people usually associate me living at the beach near Disneyland, but truth be told I grew up in land-locked Woodland in the valley surrounded by foothills. So the ocean is something I have experienced only on day trips or short holidays where I've mostly laid on the beach looking at the ocean.

Lately, my thoughts have been like the ocean waves. Perpetual, ebbing and flowing, some waves bigger than others. I am learning to occasionally catch a grandiose wave and ride it with real gusto. These thoughts or ideas may remain in my imagination or they may take the form of action or words or maybe even a blog or two. The smaller waves are just as powerful in their own way, sometimes even more so in their subtle being.

Today I am experiencing something different. I feel cradled in a deeper part of the ocean, gently rocking in an expanse of water that will eventually become a wave but for now cannot even be put into a thought. It's more of a feeling or a filling.

It makes me smile.



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a nice place to be, my friend. It really does. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete