Saturday, February 6, 2010

Bookends and Baby Showers



Okay, today Judy and I showed up with the SAME DRESS at the baby shower for her daughter Jen and new grandaughter, Haleigh. We accessorized a bit differently, but there was no mistaking our matchy-matchy outfits. We couldn't believe it. She said she felt like 'Linda' when she got dressed this morning. Is it any wonder? Diane is our beautiful book for our bookends picture. Funny thing is that Judy almost bought the same dress that Diane is wearing!  Is this what happens when you become great friends? We should just get a communal closet. At least we wouldn't be wearing the same thing at the same time.
Beautiful mama Jennifer with Baby Haleigh and her 'court' of princesses.

Judy gave me remnants from Haleigh's nursery draperies and I made her some gifts. The lovely crocheted blanket was made by my friend Cathie. I think it made a great ensemble.


It's hard to see the details through the sheer fabric but I print on fabric through my computer printer. 
One of my favorite things to do.


Party favors - decorated cookies!


Lovely table decor. I want to find the little lanterns to string in my playhouse! They had Sophia written all over them - not literally but they would be adorable in her pretty bedroom.


Grandy's little helper iced these yummy, yummy cupcakes with whipped cream, coconut and pineapple.


Here's another little cupcake.
Pure bliss - Grandma Judy with precious Haleigh. 
A beautiful day was had by all....




1 comment:

  1. That looked like a lovely shower Linda! Sophia would love the little lanterns, for sure!

    ReplyDelete