Last night we were invited to feast at our Vietnamese friend's home. My friend Judy is currently crocheting, so I asked her to bring her hook and that possibly we could play around with some yarn after the meal. I thought maybe our Vietnamese friend would enjoy learning too. Little did I know that I would strike a common chord amongst the dinner guests. Huong hadn't picked up a hook since high school and Tho and Mihoko also knew how to crochet. The next thing you know, we were showing off our skill to one another. Little four year old Kaitlyn wanted to join in on the fun too so Judy lent a helping hand and soon Kaitlyn was adorned with friendship bracelets. It was a lovely evening.
What do you call women who crochet - hookers? I hope not!

You are picking up crochet! When you've got it down I'll have to come over and see; I just can't get the hang of it. Knitting is much easier for me! And I'm sorry to tell you, I have heard of crocheters referred to as hookers! LOL ;)
ReplyDeleteHope your new year is going well so far!
~Kristy
What do you call women who crochet? Judging from your pictures, you call them... Lovely.
ReplyDeleteI remember learning to crochet when I was a little girl. Grandma Conklin taught me, and that is one of the few nice memories I have of her. I remember that she got a little frustrated because I was left-handed, so she very cleverly sat in front of me and told me to copy her like a mirror. It worked! I haven't made anything since I was a little girl, but I remember enjoying it, and cherish the memory.
ReplyDeleteHi,Linda
ReplyDeleteIt was very fun night. I hadn't crocheted for a while. I was surprised I still remembered how to make flower! and I also remembered feeling relax when I crocheted or knitted. Thank you for bringing crochet. Mihoko