We dropped Laura and Sophia at the airport and then traveled down to Idaho for Liz and Jason's lovely wedding. We were only gone for a couple of days and I found it easier to come home to an empty house than to have it evacuated while I was here. I found what I called Sophia residues all the following week. My most recent find was a plastic toy in my little sitting room tucked under the couch cushion. I miss that little girl! I received these pictures so I thought I would share them with you.
Sophia goes home and changes overnight!! Laura cut her bangs and all of a sudden she can wear a big girl pony tail. She's also cooperating and posing for pictures and smiling on command. Her vocabulary is growing daily and I'm convinced she will be saying Grama sometime soon. She has mastered Grampa but never got the hang of Grama.
And then there's Sam!! He's being a sweet big brother-to-be as he waits for Little Miss Woods to arrive sometime in September! The big news is that he's sporting Curious George big boy underwear and uses the potty now. Way to go, Sam! I am so excited to spend time with Gina and family as soon as I get the green light to go. Grama Carol is taking the first watch and will arrive when Gina goes to the hospital for delivery. I'll wait patiently and go to help her when I'm most needed. In the meantime I've got some sewing projects pending for the little one. I haven't felt inspired to sew for a long time but the grandchildren are bringing it out in me. I'll be sure to post my finished products...Until later, alligators....

I am so excited for you! Another grandchild coming.....Have fun making things for your grandchildren.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the kind words about the rocking horse.