

My first pastor used to say that there were 66 books worth reading and that was all you needed. If I had taken his advice I would have one Bible on my bookshelf and I wouldn't find myself in the midst of a book epidemic. In fact, I probably wouldn't even own a bookshelf in that case. I must say that I love reading those 66 books of the Bible and getting back to true basics I am finding myself there more and more. On the other hand, I belong to three book groups not to mention all the reading I do on my own that causes me to have dozens of books on my many bookshelves. I actually took boxes to the used bookstore last year but I ended up trading many with new used ones. Binders count as books on my shelf and I have binder after binder of Bible studies. And let's not forget photo albums. They are thick books filled with memories. Then you have to store all the modern discs of music or photos or computer software which can be inserted into books or sometimes boxes. ARE YOU GETTING THE PICTURE? My shelves and closets runneth over. Bob collects books too. And what is my current 'craft' of choice? Making altered BOOKS!! And taking more photos to fill books. And writing journals in books. And doing Bible studies and taking notes in books. Do you see a pattern here???
I am endeavoring to move my office and crafts to the nice big basement that lays dormant on the side that Bob doesn't use. It will be nice and organized when I accomplish it. I was using my playhouse for my art studio but it is too cold in the winter so I decided to put all my efforts into one big room...Bob is fast. He did his part lickety split and is off doing something else today. Not me. Proverbs says that steady plodding brings prosperity so I trust that my little by little efforts will bring the fruit I hope to enjoy soon. As for today, I will be building my biceps as I haul books to the used book store. As for the above book jackets, they will be staying on my shelf! They will be in good company with many other titles that were chosen to stay.
HAPPY READING to all you fellow bookworms....,
No comments:
Post a Comment