I'm back to my blog spot after two whirlwind weeks of action packed good times. Sometimes I can't even believe how many wonderful people are in Bob and my lives.
Sandwiched in between two weddings last week I was able to host a Bridal Shower for our lovely Meredyth who is marrying Nathan at the end of the month. (Nathan was one of my first Sunday School kids here in Vancouver) The weather was above average hot and the whole event was held in the garden and gazebo. The sound track from "Mama Mia" created the background atmosphere for lots of yummy food and great friendship and visiting in the garden. We moved the party to the gazebo where we had a kitchen shower followed by a candle light ritual where the women from ANCF gave Meredyth special blessings. Shown below are the little vintage women cupcakes. Some of the photos had French sayings on them. Since I don't speak French I didn't realize one of them said, "Happy Birthday." My French speaking friend Magical Mystical Kristical (aka tinker) assured me no one would notice. Wouldn't you know it??? The Bride got the cupcake and she speaks fluent French.
Sister Sandy, Niece Marci and Great Nieces Hannah and Rachel are our house guests this week. They took the train up from California. We are having a great time. We attended a birthday party for 90 year old Noni this evening. I'll be sure to post pictures as we all wore Indian dress.
I have a lot of catching up to do to keep this blog current.
No comments:
Post a Comment